W.E. Trans Support
Connect with your community
W.E. Trans Support is Trans people helping Trans people. Our core purpose is to strengthen our Trans community in Windsor-Essex. We do that by hosting social programs, and by acting as a bridge between Trans individuals and Trans-positive or Trans-specialist service providers.
The mission of Windsor-Essex Transgender and Allied Support is to enhance and sustain the health and well-being of transgender, gender queer, two spirited, gender non-binary, and gender questioning communities and their families, by providing activities, programs and services that create community; empower community members; provide essential resources; advocate for civil and human rights; and embrace, promote and support our cultural diversity.
- Peer Mentorship - The first line of support is working with one of our peer mentors to assist individuals to set goals and make referrals as needed
- Advocacy - Advocacy support- provided on an individual basis at the client's request by a trained community advocate
- Community Referrals & Service Navigation - W.E. Trans Support is the crowd-sourced road map for Trans people to get to the services we provide.
- Great services for Trans people already exist in Windsor-Essex. The biggest problem is that most Trans people are rejected so many times that they give up before they get to you. And they don’t just give up on finding a Trans health specialist or Trans-positive service, they give up on themselves. Too many Trans people are dying before they find the right services and W.E. Trans Support connects Trans people to service providers we can count on.
- We can also provide referrals for service providers who are looking for secondary service for their Trans client. We can’t expect everybody who works at every agency to know which providers really are Trans-positive, and that’s where we come in. If you need to find a service that you can be sure is safe for you your Trans client, check with us.
- Assisting with accessing emergency shelter and services.
- Document Assistance - Assistance with filling out forms such as name change and gender marker change
- Human Rights Assistance - Assistance with filing Human Rights Applications
- Counselling - Counselling supports can be provided on an individual basis at the request of the client. This support is extended to people who identify as Trans*, friends, family, and partners by appointment only at no cost. Counselling support is also through referral to our community partners.
- Group Meetings - Trans Action Group, Trans Speqtrum, T2, TParty and Information Sessions