Annual Queer Prom for Youth
Doors Open at 7pm
Queer Events is holding our third annual Queer Prom for Youth in London on Saturday, May 11th 2019. This event is free for all LGBT2Q+ youth in grades 7-12 in and around the London area community.
Queer Prom for Youth aims to provide a positive opportunity for the out and proud, questioning, and curious younger members of the queer community to celebrate who they are in a safe, fun and supportive space.
It's back for 2019!
Queer Prom for Youth
A free event for LGBT2Q+ youth in grades 7-12.Event Details
Dress Code: Come as You Are or Dress to Express! We're flexible! Wear whatever expresses YOU! Whether it is a prom dress, your favourite jeans, your sequins, feather boas, eyeliner, superhero costume or whatever it is you need to be your fabulous authentic self!
Queer Prom for Youth is a free and accessible event for all students from Grade 7-12. Each year this event grows to include more youth and more fun!
Why A Queer Prom for Youth is Important
Because youth deserve a sense of community & acceptance
LGBT2Q youth everywhere face particularly challenging obstacles in life, so the goal of Queer Prom is to provide the opportunity for queer youth to come together in a safe, fun and supportive space.
Learn more about why Queer Prom is an important event.Why A Queer Prom
Queer Prom for Youth FAQ's
- All youth between grades 7-12 are welcome to attend prom.
- If you are working on high school credits in a unique way, that counts!
- For those of you who are in some sort of post grade 12 but not out of high school that counts too!
- If you are unsure, connect with us and we’ll figure it out together.
Nothing! This is a FREE event for everyone to attend. All beverages and snacks are also FREE for all to enjoy.
Anything that makes you comfortable! People come to prom in all kinds of different outfits. Some like to keep it casual, some dress in costumes, some go fancy. It’s up to you!
If you want to but you don’t have to!. There will be some QueerEvents merchandise available for sale at the event if you would like to purchase buttons, TShirts or Patches.
No. Once you have entered the venue there are no in and out privileges for the evening. If you leave you will not be allowed back inside.
Check in with a chaperone! We will have a space that will accomodate this without needing to exit the building.
- Yes, the Children’s Museum is fully accessible for all types of mobility devices.
- Gender neutral bathrooms will be available which are also wheelchair accessible.
- There are elevator and ramp options to access multiple levels of the building.
- Lots! There will be a number of chaperones on site for the duration of the event that will be monitoring the event.
- A local security company will be present at the door to ensure no in/out privileges and when needed to perform a simple bag check.
- A number of other volunteers will be present to help make sure everyone has a safe and fun evening.
No! It’s a youth event! There will only be Pop and Water for all. This is an alcohol and drug free space. Security will be checking to ensure no one brings in any of these items.