Regional HIV/AIDS Connection
Regional HIV/AIDS Connection serves the six counties of Perth, Huron, Lambton, Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford.
We work to:
- Increase access to medical, practical and psychosocial services for people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Integrate and coordinate programs and services for People Living with HIV/AIDS (PHAs).
- Provide HIV/AIDS educational and outreach materials to the community.
- Establish partnerships to strengthen our ability to provide effective services in each community.
- Continually identify needs and solutions for people and communities affected by HIV/AIDS in southwestern Ontario.
- Develop Hepatitis C programming and services as we strive to respond to the growing need in our community.
Our mandate is to:
- Improve quality of life for those living with & affected by HIV/AIDS
- Reduce the number of new HIV infections
- Increase community awareness about HIV/AIDS
Our service users include thousands of people: those living with HIV/AIDS, their partners, family & friends, and those who are concerned about HIV/AIDS - anyone at risk for HIV, and anyone who provides services to people with, or at risk for, HIV.
All our services are free and confidential.
LGBT2Q+ Specific Services:
- Monthly Events including: Gay Guy's Movie Night; Gay Guy's Book Club; Bathhouse Bingo Night.
- Open Closet: LGBT2Q+ Youth Social Support Group
Other Services offered:
- Practical support, counselling services and programming to diverse populations of people living with and affected by issues related to HIV/AIDS.
- Education about safer sex and ways to prevent getting or giving HIV, stigma and discrimination with respect to living with HIV as well as homosexuality, testing for HIV and Hepatitis C, and issues related to telling people (disclosing) your HIV status.
- Needle and syringe program for injection drug users to reduce the transmission of HIV, Hepatitis C and other blood-borne infections.
- Strong relationships with people in our communities such as other community organizations, people interested in HIV/AIDS & Hep C information and volunteers who help us meet our mission through fundraising.