The Bridge Brant
Connect with your community
The Bridge is a group that works to identify and address inequities that are experienced by the diverse sexual and gender identified communities with Brant County.
Our Purpose is to:
- Promote the importance of acceptance and inclusion in an effort to eliminate stigma, bullying and discrimination at all levels of community life.
- Facilitate access to accurate information including up-to-date lists of LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Queer) friendly spaces and programs, resources and organizations that support diverse sexual and gender identified communities.
- We strive to help close the gap between the larger Brantford community and the LGBTQ community.
- Celebration and pride.
- Working within an inclusive community development approach
- Equity: we seek to eliminate health, social and economic disparities
- Diversity: we honour our differences.
- Compassion and understanding: we seek to alleviate injustices.
- The active participation of the diverse sexual and gender identified communities.
Why do we care:
LGBTQ people are more likely to experience physical or verbal victimization than the general population. It is important to help create an atmosphere a culture of acceptance that welcomes everyone.