Connect with your community
Queering613 is a community space meant to amplify & explore Ottawa’s queerness, all the while dabbling in a little intersectional feminism, digital media & social justice.
We know you say that this is just a 'boring government town' with green space & gophers galore, but we’re so much more than that! And who better to highlight Ottawa’s queer & trans movers & shakers than the people who love, care & are absolutely dedicated to our communities most-est!
Queering613 is a volunteer-run grassroots community love project committed to connecting LGBTQ+ folks to Ottawa’s queer & trans cultures, organizations & issues. We want to be a community space for connecting, getting together, making, amplifying & learning about Ottawa’s LGBTQ loves & faves, it’s exciting happenings & the issues nearest & dearest to our queer hearts.
You don't need to move way to the 'bigger' 'better' Toronto’s, Vancouver’s & Montreal’s.. H-Ottawa has everything you need & more! We love our big little city & it’s about time we showcase our wild & vibrant LGBTQ communities.
Queering613 is here to stay.
We build. We connect. We amplify.
What Queering613 does...
- We build community, we amplify & we pushback
- We do collective work with a social justice vision
- We are working towards inclusivity
- We are working towards being critical & self reflexive
- We are working towards self-determination & not just safety
- We work to deconstruct systems of oppression & violence
- We support people's choices & recognize these choices in larger contexts of constraint
A community space for connecting, getting together, making, amplifying & learning about Ottawa’s LGBTQ loves & faves, it’s exciting happenings & the issues nearest & dearest to our queer hearts.